Monday, November 26, 2012

Recipe (Vegetable Lasagna)

I like to make this recipe more often than using regular ol' ground beef. I love vegetables and love getting my kids to eat them. I always try and put different vegetables in my meals just to see which ones they like the most. Mine aren't too picky, and that is the nice part. So here is my recipe for vegetable lasagna.

1 pkg of lasagna noodles
1 tub of ricotta cheese. Depending on how much you like ricotta, you may have some left over.
2 pkgs of mozzarella cheese
Squash (yellow and zucchini)
Eggplant (optional)
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
Spinach (fresh or frozen)

Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions. I don't cook mine all the way through though that way when you are lifting them out of the pan, they don't fall apart. Cook the other veggies accordingly. I usually saute them or cut them up and steam them. Either way works. You don't have to do this but I usually combine the ricotta and spinach together. It helps hold it together much better.

First put a layer of noodles down. Then add a layer of the spinach/ricotta mix. Then layer then put a layer of vegetables down and then a little of the spaghetti sauce. Then a layer of cheese. Repeat this process until you've used all ingredients or reached the limit in your pan. I know it sounds silly but my husband loves this recipe!! so I usually use everything I prepare. Put this into a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted. I then turn on the broiler for a few minutes to get the cheese that brown in color texture. Serve immediately with salad and bread. So amazing!!! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as me and my family do.

No comments:

Post a Comment